The Touch Football Australia (TFA) Board recently endorsed two new policies for use in the wider community.
The new Concussion Policy has been created by TFA Medical Coordinator Steve Cunningham, TFA Doctor Tane Eunson and TFA's National Education and Policy Manager James Sharp. The new policy should be used at all TFA events and locations and:
- is consistent with best practice in world sport;
- features information to educate and inform the community regarding the effects of concussion;
- a standardised management process for suspected concussions;
- clarifies reporting and documentation of concussion; and
- communicates effectively to the athlete information regarding concussion, monitoring and the return-to-sport process.
The new Air Quality Guidelines call out a specific process by which to review local conditions and make informed decisions regarding adaptions to play. The Guidelines:
- are consistent with best practice in world sport;
- feature information to educate and inform the community regarding the effects of poor air quality; and
- include recommendations on adaptations to play as conditions deteriorate.
Both of the above documents have been endorsed by Mater Health, for any questions please contact National Education and Policy Manager James Sharp at email@example.com.