Australian Women's Open player Kim Sue See, 24, fills us in on the year she's had, tells us what she'll be doing for Christmas, and shares her hopes for 2021...
- Can you describe your 2020 in one sentence? 2020 was an experience that I learnt from but hope never to repeat.
- How much did you miss Touch during lockdown? While I definitely missed playing Touch, I took the time off from it as an opportunity to work on different areas of my life. In saying that, I am definitely glad to be back.
- What or who kept you going and sane during the strange year we’ve had? My partner would like to say it was him but it was definitely our family dogs, Ella and Jack Jack. In all seriousness though, I am surrounded by pretty amazing friends and family that always keep me pretty sane.
- Can you tell me about the best parts of 2020? I think the highlight of my 2020 was getting our family dog Jack. He is the cutest little man!
- Are you having time off for Christmas and how will you be spending it? Luckily I get three weeks off over Christmas, which I’ll be spending camping with the fam at Yamba.
- What does Christmas Day look like for you? My mum is massive on traditions so we do the same thing every Christmas! It starts with a champagne breakfast followed by present opening [at home in the Moreton Bay region]. We then usually play games and chill for a bit and, in the afternoon, it’s a big lunch with Mars Bar cheesecake for dessert.
- How to you stay on track with your fitness during the Christmas period, or do you let yourself relax a bit? I normally give myself a little break but after Christmas Day I try to get back into it. Emphasis on the try. It’s such a lovely place to run at Yamba, so that is usually motivation in itself.
- How will you be spending New Year's Eve? It looks like we may take a sneaky trip back to the Gold Coast with our group of friends. Otherwise we will stay in Yamba with the family. Whatever it is I am looking forward to welcoming the new year.
- What will your new year’s resolution be? I don’t like to make new year's resolutions because I never keep them. Generally I always tell myself I am going to be more organised and on top of things each new year, but that goes out the door pretty quickly!
- What are you looking forward to in 2020? Everything is still so up in the air at the moment that I haven’t really planned for the year ahead. If anything, I’m looking forward to possibly doing a few trips to NZ.
Favourite holiday downtime activities? The beach and games.
Favourite show at the moment? Still the classic, Friends. It never gets old.
Favourite tune at the moment? Either Addicted to the Sunshine by Lime Cordiale, or Distant Sun by Crowded House.
If there were no travel restrictions, where would you book your next holiday? Portugal or Spain or Greece or Sweden.