NRL Touch Premiership Match Day Assistant
Touch Football Australia (TFA), in conjunction with the NRL, introduced the NRL Touch Premiership in 2018, with games played as curtain-raisers to NRL games. 2019 is the second and an expanded year of the Elite Competition with introduction of two new teams, the Sydney Roosters and the New Zealand Warriors.
TFA is seeking suitably qualified volunteers to fill the role of Match Day Assistant throughout the 2019 NRL Touch Premiership.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the venue setup prior to each match
- Maintain excellent standard of field presentation during each match
- Pack down Touch Football field in an efficient manner prior to NRL warm up
- Assist with any additional tasks requested by Grounds Manager or Game Day Manager
- Follow the provided Runsheet to ensure setup and pack down is done to schedule
- Current financial member of a TFA Affiliate
- Knowledge of Touch Football
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction
- Be a team player willing to assist the Grounds Manager and Game Day Manager with additional tasks as required
- Be at venue 2 hours prior to NRLTP match and up to 60 minutes post-match
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks
- Minimum age of 18
- Attire: Club polo and jumper and pants/jeans (with no holes or rips)
Reports To: Grounds Manager
The Grounds Manager is responsible for the set-up and pack-down operations, field presentation, management of Match Day Assistants and more.
The Game Day Manager may also call upon you for assistance if required. The Game Day Manager is responsible for accreditation, management of teams, referees, broadcasting, match delivery and more.
Touch Football Australia hope that are you able to assist with as many matches as possible. We encourage you to still apply should you only be available for 1-2 matches.
Through the application process you will be able to select which match days you are able to volunteer at.
Please see below for NRL Touch Premiership matches TFA are sourcing volunteers for:
|Sunday 21 April||Titans v Broncos||Cbus Super Stadium|
|Sunday 19 May||Knights v Eels||Glen Willow Stadium|
|Friday 31 May||Eels v Tigers||Bankwest Stadium|
|Sunday 2 June||Titans v Warriors||Cbus Super Stadium|
|Saturday 8 June||Cowboys v Knights||1300Smiles Stadium|
|Sunday 9 June||Broncos v Tigers||Suncorp Stadium|
|Friday 14 June||Cowboys v Titans||1300Smiles Stadium|
|Saturday 15 June||Eels v Roosters||Bankwest Stadium|
|Thursday 27 June||Tigers v Titans||Bankwest Stadium|
|Friday 5 July||Tigers v Cowboys||Bankwest Stadium|
|Saturday 6 July||Knights v Broncos||MJS Stadium|
|Saturday 13 July||Broncos v Warriors||Suncorp Stadium|
|Sunday 14 July||Roosters v Knights||Central Coast Stadium|
|Saturday 20 July||Cowboys v Roosters||1300Smiles Stadium|
|Sunday 21 July||Titans v Eels||Cbus Super Stadium|
|Friday 26 July||Knights v Warriors||MJS Stadium|
|Thursday 1 August||Tigers v Knights||Leichhardt Oval|
|Friday 2 August||Broncos v Cowboys||Suncorp Stadium|
Please ensure you have read the position description above. To apply for the role of Match Day Assistant, please click on the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NRLTPMatchDayAssistantApplication
Application Closing Dates
Sunday 5th May 2019.
As thanks for your assistance, you will receive a free ticket to the NRL match following your shift.