What is NRL League Touch?
League Touch is a non-contact social competition that delivers the most exciting elements of Rugby League and Touch Football. League Touch provides a relaxed and social competition environment with specific rule modifications to ensure all shapes, sizes and ability levels are catered for. More information on the League Touch game format and specific rule modifications, can be found below.
The Rules of NRL League Touch are more aligned to rugby league than traditional Touch Football is. The reintroduction of a marker, dummy half and a kick takes Touch Football back to its roots.
Where Can I Play NRL League Touch?
Grab your mates and/or family and register your team and keep fit and active. If you don’t have a team, don’t know anyone that is playing but would like to try it out, you can register as an individual or contact the club for further assistance.
Become a Deliverer
NRL League Touch is a great way to introduce new participants, diversify your membership or give your players something to do mid-week in the off season.
Is your club interested in delivering NRL League Touch?
Key Benefits of Becoming a League Touch Deliverer
A joint initiative of the National Rugby League (NRL) and Touch Football Australia (TFA), League Touch provides Rugby League Clubs with an opportunity to grow their participation base and engage with the local community all year round. League Touch is your best Summer participation option because it is:
- Backed by the NRL and TFA – League Touch is the only non-contact Rugby League format backed by a national sporting body and supported by Sport Australia
- Easy to set-up and operate – Deliverers will be provided the necessary resources, equipment and support services to get you up and running quickly
- A low cost option – No licence fees and minimal start-up costs means more of the income generated can go back into your local community
What support will I receive from the NRL and TFA?
League Touch will operate under a license model – as a licensed deliverer you will manage the delivery of the program in your local area with the support of NRL and TFA. As a Licensed Provider you will receive all the necessary resources and support from the NRL/TFA to get you up and running, including:
- Access to MySideline (Rugby League & Touch Football’s new competition management platform) to manage registrations, payments, draws and results
- Customisable marketing/promotional materials, including posters, flyers, digital and social media tiles
- On-field equipment, including a marquee, rules board, signage and footballs
- Operations Manual and Rules book
- Support to get your first round up and running
When is the League Touch Season?
NRL League Touch is delivered primarily during the summer months in two seasons:
- Pre-Christmas (Sept/Oct – December)
- Post-Christmas (Jan/Feb – April)
*Competitions can be delivered outside of the primary delivery period pending approval.
Follow NRL League Touch on Facebook: Click here