Touch Football is a simple sport which can be played anywhere at any time. It’s accessibility for the community is what has made it so popular for generations of Australians. All you need is some friends and a football and you can play a game of touch. To maximise your experience, an area to run around, a group of friends and the below items will have you ready to play in no time!
A Touch Football
- An oval ball will suffice for a game of Touch Football. For specifically designed footballs click here to purchase some from our online shop.
- Touch Football balls are slightly smaller and lighter than a Rugby League ball with extra grip for handling, they are the perfect shape for passing.
Moulded Sole Footwear
- As a sport of constant running and evasion it’s important to wear the right shoes or boots to ensure your best performance
- Moulded sole shoes or boots are ideal footwear for Touch Football, if you choose to wear boots with studs they must be moulded and less than 13mm in length
- If you are looking to buy a pair of boots, our Official Footwear Partner X-Blades has many options. Click here to check them out!
- During competition all players on the same team need to be in matching uniforms with numbers on the back, these numbers need to be at least 16cm in height.
- White is the colour worn by referees in touch football, so it is recommended teams consider an alternate colour for their shirts. Please check local regulations in regards to any other colour restrictions.
- Our preferred shirt supplier is BLK Sport, their shirt options can be found here.
- Staying hydrated is essential in any sport, particularly Touch Football as you are always on the move
- A game of Touch Football has unlimited substitutions, meaning a player can grab a drink at any point whilst in the sub box
- Hydration is particularly important when playing during the summer months of the year, so be sure to keep your fluids up before, during and after a game.
- Touch Football is predominately played outdoors, meaning participants are exposed to the sun and all the potential risks which come with it
- Applying sunscreen regularly will assist in protecting you from the suns harmful rays. Zinc cream is another option for further protection
- Participants are allowed to, and encouraged to wear a hat whilst playing and at Touch Football events