Touch Football Australia (TFA) relies heavily on its volunteers, who contribute so much to the success and health of the sport. These volunteers participate at all levels of the sport, including affiliate administrators through to referees, coaches, selectors, judiciary, executive and committee members.
Are you interested in being involved but don’t know where to start?
Where is your local association? Click here to find your local association.
Job roles at your local association could include:
Elected Member (Board or SOAP Member)
Competition Admin (Fixture assistance, statistician)
Media and Communications (Newsletters, Media Releases, Game Wraps-Ups, Club Photographer, Facebook or Website Updates)
Event/Competition Volunteer (Marshaling and Ground Staff)
Sponsorship Coordinator (Securing local sponsorship for your association to keep participant costs down)
Canteen Manager (Stocking and selling products from the canteen/running the BBQ)
General Assistance on particular association projects
Equipment and Grounds (Set Up)
Are you a student or recent graduate looking for experience, help out your local association and gather invaluable experience in your field.
- Journalism, Media or Public Relations: Ask the committee if you could assist by providing media releases to local news outlets, generate content plans and write content.
- Photography: Become the clubs official photographer at tournaments, events and competitions. Work with media to promote your work.
- Graphic Design: Assist in generating posters and social media content
- Coaching or Officiating: Learn transferable skills by being mentored by the current coach and referees in your area.
- Sport Medicine: Work closely with the coach for encouraging fitness helping the coach focus on the skill or the team.
- Competition Management: Assist the committee in fixture generation and competition daily administration
- Finance Study: Assist the treasurer in their reporting aspects as well as learning hands on accounting skills.
- Physiotherapy, Massage or Strapping: Event day support of the players, or even touring with the teams (pending qualification).
TFA Recognises its volunteers through the recently established volunteer recognition medal.
To read more about the volunteer medal click here.