Touch Football Australia (TFA) relies heavily on its volunteers, who contribute so much to the success and health of the sport. These volunteers participate at all levels of the sport, including affiliate administrators through to referees, coaches, selectors, judiciary, executive and committee members.
Are you interested in volunteering at your local association in their committee?
Find your local association to contact regarding available positions on the board.
The Australian Sports Commission suggests to operate most effectively, the board should:
- Understand its roles and responsibilities, as individuals, Board/committee members and as a Board.
- Attract quality people, and have a plan for how it will do this.
- Retain quality people by providing development opportunities.
- Meet regularly enough to perform its roles and responsibilities.
- Operate under a regularly reviewed constitution that is up-to-date and does not impede the organisation from operating effectively and the Board from fulfilling its roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that only the most important matters and powers are contained in the constitution, with the remainder to be set out in regularly reviewed policies and by-laws.
Click here for more from the Australian Sports Commission on Committee Governance.
Examples of roles of the committee:
- President: Provide the principle leadership and be responsible for the association and committee.
- Vice President: Shadow the president in providing leadership and responsibility for the association and committee as well as step into the presidents roles when required.
- Secretary: Maintain records of the committee as well as keep accurate records of all meetings and store appropriately.
- Treasurer: Financial supervision of the club and all the committee good governance.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruit, support and recognize volunteers throughout the association
- Sponsorship Coordinator: Chief organiser of sponsorship agreements
- Public Officer/Media Contact: Liaise with the committee about media opportunities. Contact media outlets regarding all events and generate articles for promotion
For examples, on how to write job descriptions for this positions click here.