Postcode/Suburb Club name

Touch Football Insurance

Touch Football Australia, WWSI and Sportscover are committed to providing the Touch Football community with a first class Sports Insurance Scheme.

Whilst the National Insurance Scheme (NIS) provides basic levels of cover for players and others participating in Touch Football, it is not all encompassing and does not seek to replace the need for private health and other insurances.

TFA encourages all players and officials to take out their own Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Loss of Income coverage over and above the coverage provided under this Scheme.

This webpage is provided so that players and administrators throughout Australia, have access to all information and resources in relation to the TFA National Insurance Scheme.


Section 1: What is covered?

The TFA National Insurance Scheme actually consists of three policies with six sections of cover:

A.    Personal Accident

B.    Associations Liability

a.     General Liability (Public and Products Liability)

b.    Professional Indemnity

c.     Management Liability

                                          i.    Directors and Officers Liability

C.    Cyber Insurance (only for recognised Professional Officers)

Who is covered?

The NIS defines the Insured as:

Touch Football Australia Inc. including all affiliated State/ Territory governing bodies as listed below:


  • Touch Football ACT
  • Touch Football NT
  • Touch Football SA
  • Touch Football TAS
  • Touch Football VIC
  • Touch Football WA
  • Queensland Touch Football
  • New South Wales Touch Association


In addition the Scheme extends to provide coverage to the following affiliated 'Insured Persons' between the ages of three to 80 years of age:


  •  Registered Members
  • Officials (Referees)
  • Non-Playing Officials
  • Coaches
  • Assistant Coaches
  • Team Managers
  • Selectors and Other Match Officials
  • Members of the Board of Management
  • Directors
  • Employees
  • Administrators
  • Executive Officers
  • Voluntary Workers


When are you covered?

Cover is provided under the Personal Accident Policy of the NIS to the above insured persons whilst:

a.     Playing in official matches

b.    Engaged in organised training and/or practice

c.     Travelling directly to, from or between official matches or training, your place of residence or place of employment

d.    Staying away from your home district for the purpose of participating in representative matches/activities

e.     Engaged in administrative or organised social activities for your affiliated association, competition, club or Touch Football Australia.


Under the Liability (Public and Products Liability) section, coverage is provided:

a.     For Liabilities arising out of the Insured's Business

Business under the Policy means all activities undertaken by the insured and connected with the sport (Touch Football).


2016-17 TFA National Insurance Scheme Overview

2016-17 National Insurance Scheme Summary Benefits and Claims Procedures

2016 -17 TFA National Insurance Leaflet

2016-17 Personal Accident Insurance - Summary of Benefits

2016-17 Loss of Income Insurance - Summary of Benefits

2016-17 Liability and Professional Indemnity - Summary of Benefits

TFA National Insurance Poster

Section 2: Claims

Below is information on how to make a claim under the Personal Accident Policy. If you wish to make a claim or notify an incident for General Liability, Professional Indemnity or Management Liability, please contact Sportscover immediately.

Personal Accident Claims

Steps to follow:

1.     Report the injury to your Affiliate and obtain and complete an Injury Report Form

2.     Provide a copy of the completed Injury Report Form with a photocopy of the game sheet with record of the injury, to your affiliate; as well as a copy for yourself.

3.     Lodge a Claim Form Request directly with Sportscover within 30 days of your accident or injury occurring by calling 1300 134 956 or via

4.     Lodge additional documentation as required by Sportscover.


Injury Report Form

Insurance Claim Form Request - Sportscover

Claims Procedure

Budget Sporting Accident Claim Form

General Liability Accident Claim Form


Section Three: Certificate of Currency

Your association or club will often be required to provide a Certificate of Currency in order to provide evidence of your Public Liability Insurance. This will usually be required by a Council when you hire grounds but could also be requested by other parties such as a Bunnings or a Shopping Centre if you are looking to promote your affiliate or club on their premises.

To request a Certificate of Currency, please contact your relevant state office.


Renewal of Certificates of Currency Memorandum - June 2014

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do players need to be registered to be covered?


Q. 'Insured Persons' doesn't mean Spectators. Are we covered if a spectator is injured?

A spectator who is injured cannot make a claim on the Personal Accident policy. If a spectator was injured and decided to seek damages from the affiliate or club alleging the club's negligence, then the General Liability policy would respond.

Important Note: You must not admit liability without the insurers consent. Any claim made by a spectator must be referred to the insurer as soon as possible for their instructions.

Q. Are players covered for tours?

All International Tours must be sanctioned by TFA, as overseas visiting parties are not covered. However all Australian parties participating are, provided existing protocol is followed. If you would like further information regarding, please contact the national office on (02) 6212 2800.

Q. Will I be covered if playing for my school?

Matches for schools who are not playing in TFA affiliated competitions are not covered within the policy. However if you belong to a school team who plays in TFA affiliated competitions when you are covered under the TFA National Insurance Scheme.