Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Touch Football Australia is looking for a Chief Executive Officer to bring renewed direction and impetus for its strategic and commercial plans. The role of CEO will lead the governance of the sport and work effectively across all stakeholders within Touch Football to deliver on its agreed strategic plan. This strategic plan will consolidate Touch Football’s position as one of Australia’s leading community sports, with a strong emphasis on providing a quality experience its consumers, members, participants, staff and volunteers.
The role will deliver TFA’s Strategic Alliance with the NRL bringing a huge increase in public profile and in commercial opportunity. The successful candidate will work effectively with a complex stakeholder management environment and will provide direction and leadership for the various State Bodies. Importantly, the role will manage government relations, strategy and commercial development as they seek to maximise upon their huge participation base. As CEO they will have ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the business; commercial, operations, engagement, participation, community, events and competitions.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will lead TFA, under the direction of the TFA Board. With 40+ staff nationwide the role will set the strategic direction and develop high quality working relationships across all partners. The CEO will be responsible for the overall efficiency and effectiveness of all TFA operations. This involves the management of all human and financial resources, as well as the strategic planning and implementation frameworks necessary to meeting TFA objectives. Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and Management
- Commercial, Business Development and Fundraising
- Stakeholder Management and Communication
- Financial Management
- Board Management
Skills & Experience Required
The Board seeks a leader with a clear vision and values who is able to lead a positive culture of good governance. This will demand an individual with a strong mix of Commercial, Marketing, Strategy, Operations and Finance skills, optimal for a role of this size and profile.
We are seeking a highly skilled person who can demonstrate:
- Leadership and people management managing a large diverse group
- Experience at senior executive level in delivering business development and commercial growth
- Experience in professional sport, community and grass-roots will be advantageous
- Ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, business, sports management or other relevant
- Understanding of the Australian sports system including the linkages and interrelationships at local, state and national level advantageous
- Credibility and integrity as an ambassador for the organisation
- Engaging, impactful leader and communicator
- Diplomacy in all dealings with internal and external stakeholders
- A conciliatory and consensus-building style of leadership
- Political sophistication
- Commercial acumen
Remuneration and Location
The base salary offered to the successful candidate will be industry competitive with an appropriate incentive structure and benefits package.
The appointee could be based either at Rugby League Central in Sydney, current TFA Head Office in Canberra, or the Queensland TFA office in Brisbane. Regardless of location, there will be travel included in this role to engage with each major centre.
SRi is the leading firm dedicated to the constant and growing demand for executive and management talent in sports, media and entertainment. Operating from offices in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA, our expert advisers provide search and consulting services operating as a global team, combining the deep sector knowledge with world-class and cutting edge talent acquisition and management practice. We are proud to be the exclusive partner in this search with Touch Football Australia.
For more information, click here.
To apply please send a letter of application, a full CV, your current remuneration package and indication of your availability / notice period to Jonathan Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.